Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sweater Finished After 20 Years!

Buttony Sweater

Actually, I've just had this yarn for 20 years. My mom bought it for me in middle school to make a sweater. Unsurprisingly, I flaked out on the project. Years later I made a scarf with some of the yarn, and 5 years after that the scarf got stolen out of the US postal system. Finally in December I started this sweater for myself and I actually finished it. Amazing.

The pattern is free. If you aren't one of the 536 people on Ravelry who have already made this sweater, here's the pattern. It's pretty bare bones in terms of number of stitches, size and placement of neckline, but it's also very easy.

The most fun part was choosing the buttons. I used a bunch of buttons I took from my mom's stash last time I was home.

Of course you can always use a classic cat fastening:

Buttony Sweater

In terms of satisfying and fast knitting, the Buttony pattern is definitely recommended.

Buttony Sweater

No comments: